Keeping our Alumni informed of Atlantic Cape activities
- ACCC Art Gallery Hosts Alumni Exhibit
- State Higher Education Official to Speak at Graduation
- Restaurant Gala Raises Record-Breaking $245,000 for Scholarships
- Institute for Service Excellence Opens at Hamilton Mall; Offers One-Stop Retail Training
- Former Hospitality Major at Home in Marketing Role
- Alumni Updates
- Prof. Gerri Black Named Faculty Member of the Year
- Culinary Workshop Teaches Sushi Basics
- Register Now for Summer, Fall Courses at ACCC
- Rutgers to Hold Open House at ACCC
- Benefits of Membership
- Fall 2011
- Summer 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2009
- Winter 2009
- Fall 2008
- Summer 2008
- Spring 2008
- Winter 2008
- Fall 2007
- Summer 2007
- Spring 2007
- Winter 2006
- Fall 2006
- Summer 2006
- Spring 2006
Atlantic Cape salutes its sustaining sponsors
Prof. Gerri Black Named Faculty Member of the Year
ACCC students voted Gerri Black, Assistant Professor of English, Faculty Member of the Year. She was recognized at the Student Government Association awards banquet in April at the Mays Landing Country Club.
Black, who also served as advisor to Rewrites literary magazine, joined ACCC in September 1992 after serving as an adjunct instructor with Richard Stockton and Burlington County colleges.
She also taught rhetoric and composition at the former Glassboro State College as well as ninth and 12th grade English at Mainland Regional High School.
The Egg Harbor Township resident earned a bachelor’s degree in English and humanities and a master’s in English from the University of Pennsylvania, where she also spent 10 years with the university’s public relations, marketing and advertising departments.
Her contributions include authoring the literary newsletter “First Draft,” along with faculty mentoring and lending expertise to essay reading and the Holocaust Awareness contest.