Keeping our Alumni informed of Atlantic Cape activities
- Atlantic Cape Adopts 'Brand' New Message
- New Athletics Identity Updates the 'Bucs'
- Construction is on the Horizon at Atlantic Cape
- College to Launch Air Traffic Control Degree in January; Info Session Dec. 8
- Alumni Updates
- Atlantic Cape Plans Solar Project; Ranked as One of Largest in the State
- Atlantic Cape Faculty, Staff Volunteer for 'Pie-the-Professor' Fundraiser
- Cape May County Campus Celebrates 5th Anniversary at Community Day
- Register for Winter, Spring Courses
- Atlantic Cape Offers Online Training for Busy Professionals
- Restaurant Gala Raises $165,000 for Student Scholarships in 2010
- Golf Tournament Raises $27,000 for Students
- Benefits of Membership
- Fall 2011
- Summer 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2009
- Winter 2009
- Fall 2008
- Summer 2008
- Spring 2008
- Winter 2008
- Fall 2007
- Summer 2007
- Spring 2007
- Winter 2006
- Fall 2006
- Summer 2006
- Spring 2006
Atlantic Cape salutes its sustaining sponsors
Atlantic Cape Adopts 'Brand' New Message
In October, Atlantic Cape introduced a powerful new brand message focusing on “opportunity,” a color scheme that harkens back to the college’s founding, and a new abbreviation to replace “ACCC.”
Following a two-year branding process that included extensive research and input from stakeholders, the college adopted a new brand positioning statement, marketing messages and tagline. The college also returned to its traditional red and blue color scheme that dates to the school’s 1966 opening, replacing the blue and teal palette in use since Atlantic Community College became Atlantic Cape Community College in 1999.
At the Mays Landing campus, the electronic signboard has been re-skinned with the new college colors.
When the college undertook the branding project, with support from the Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation, it set out to discover and define Atlantic Cape’s brand identity and marketplace position, determine appropriate and effective messages to be communicated to key audiences, integrate the brand with the college’s mission, and enhance awareness of the college’s Blueprint 2020 Master Plan and upcoming fundraising efforts.
“With the transformational changes taking place at Atlantic Cape through Blueprint 2020--our facilities master plan--we felt this branding project was vital to help us tell our story to internal and external college audiences,” said Dr. Peter Mora, president. “For the college to build needed financial support going forward, it’s essential that we raise the profile and enhance the image of the school.”
Focus panel and telephone survey research conducted by the CLARUS Corporation, a firm specializing in community college branding, sought to uncover words and messages that would resonate with audiences the college depends on for its success. Over and over, the theme of “opportunity” was mentioned when respondents talked about the college and the transformational role it plays in its service area.
“We truly create opportunity for the people and organizations in Atlantic and Cape May counties,” Dr. Mora said. “We offer high-quality, affordable and accessible education, we respond quickly to business and industry workforce training needs, and for more than 40 years we have prepared future community and business leaders.”
Atlantic Cape’s new logo.
Here are some elements of the new “brand”:
- A new tagline, “Opportunity Starts Here,” or “Your Opportunity Starts Here” when addressed to students, will appear in advertising, student recruitment and marketing materials.
- An advertising campaign, featuring successful Atlantic Cape alumni and articulating key marketing messages uncovered in the branding research. The campaign includes print, radio, television, outdoor, transit and online advertising.
- A new abbreviation for Atlantic Cape Community College, “Atlantic Cape,” has replaced ACCC when talking about the college on second reference.
Brand Positioning Statement
Dr. Mora said the brand positioning statement adopted sets the foundation on which the rest of the brand platform is built. It reads: “Atlantic Cape Community College plays an essential role in the development and growth of Atlantic and Cape May counties by providing education and training, based on anticipating and responding to community needs.”
For more information about Atlantic Cape’s new brand, visit www.atlantic.edu/about/opportunity-starts-here.htm.