Creme Brulee with Raspberries
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pt. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 ea. Vanilla Bean, split
- 4 ea. Egg Yolks
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour heavy cream and the vanilla bean into a heavy sauce pot. Heat until it begins to do not to boil. simmer
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a stainless steel bowl. Remove vanilla bean from warm cream and pour about 1/4 of the hot liquid into the egg yolks and whisk together to temper the mixture. Add the remaining cream, making sure to incorporate all of the vanilla bean seeds. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into four ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking dish. Pour enough water into the pan to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Place in oven and bake until the custard has just set, around 45 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely in refrigerator. Dust the top of the custard with light brown sugar and brown under the broiler until the sugar starts to smoke and do not burn. melt
- Serve with favorite berries.
*Substitute regular granulated sugar for the light brown. Also, use a torch instead of the broiler to caramelize the sugar.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.