Classic Blueberry Crisp
Yield: 4-6 servings (One 8x8 baking dish)
- 4 cups Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 3/4 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 stick Butter, softened and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine Blueberries, Sugar, Cornstarch and Lemon Juice.
- Pour mixture into a lightly buttered baking dish.
- In the same bowl, combine Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Flour, Oats and Salt.
- Cut in Butter with a fork until crumbly.
- Spread mix evenly over Blueberries.
- Bake about 40 minutes, until brown and bubbly.
- Let cool 30 minutes and serve with Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.