Episode #3 - Les Merveilleux
Recipes by Chef Educator Ruth Latorre
- 8 ounces Egg Whites
- 1 pound (2 cups) Granulated Sugar
1. Mix eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Warm to 110 degrees over hot water bath, whisking constantly.
3. Place bowl onto stand mixer with whip attachment. Whip at high speed until glossy and thick and peaks stand up straight.
4. Pipe on to pan with template using piping bag and round tip.
5. Bake in a 200-degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until firm and dry—not brown. Cool.
- 1 pint Heavy Cream (40 percent fat)
- ¼ cup 10x Sugar (sifted)
1. In a cold mixing bowl (place in freezer for 30 minutes) whip cream until bubbles form and then add sifted sugar.
2. Continue whipping until soft peaks form.
3. Put into piping bag with star tip. Sandwich three high, making sure the second and third meringue discs are upside down with the flat side facing up.
4. Freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Ice sides with whipped cream.
6. Roll in toppings of choice and enjoy!
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrées and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.