Spicy Tuna Roll
Spicy Tuna Rolls
Makes 32-40 pieces
- 1 pack Nori (Dried Seaweed Sheets)
- 1 lb. Sushi Rice
- 3 oz. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 oz. Sugar
- 8 oz. Sushi Grade Tuna, diced
- 2 T Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (Asian Hot Sauce), or other hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 ea. Whole Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- Wasabi Paste
- Pickled Ginger
- Soy Sauce
- Wash rice until water is clear, about four or five times. Place in a pot with enough water to cover it by 1 inch. Simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
- Mix sugar and vinegar together; then mix with rice while it is still warm. Cover and allow rice to cool. (May be done a day ahead.)
- Mix diced tuna, mayonnaise and Sriracha in a bowl.
- Place bamboo mat (can substitute plastic wrap) on a cutting board. Place one sheet of nori on top and of the sheet with a 1/8-inchcover layer of rice.
- Starting about 1-inch into the rice, place a thin layer of the tuna mixture the width of the rice. Carefully roll as tight as possible using the mat. Repeat until rice and tuna are all used.
- Bread by dredging in flour, then egg wash, and finally the panko bread crumbs.* Deep fry in oil at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown. Cut each roll into six pieces with a sharp knife. *If fryre not going to serve immediately,you refrigerate or freeze rolls before frying.
- Serve with wasabi paste, pickled ginger and soy sauce for dipping.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.