Welcome to Counseling and Support Services. It’s here that you can learn more about programs and services that can enhance your academic success and help you have a more rewarding experience at Atlantic Cape.
Counseling can be one of the most important resources available to you during your tenure at Atlantic Cape whether you are a recent high school graduate, returning adult, transfer student or veteran. Counseling can be essential in assisting you in the achievement of your educational and/or career goals.
A counselor can help you choose an appropriate degree program that aligns with your career goals, assist with the transfer process, help with the development of a resume and cover letter and assist in helping you navigate through obstacles that may interfere with your academic progress.
If you are faced with challenges that you find difficult to handle alone such as personal issues, substance abuse, feelings of depression and or despair, please come in to meet with a counselor. There is no cost to meet with a college counselor and counselors’ adhere to ethical guidelines regarding confidentiality. Students are referred to community mental health providers if long-term counseling is deem appropriate.
- Personal, academic and career counseling
- Workshops to enhance academic success and personal development
- Career Development
- Transfer Assistance
- Reasonable accommodations for students with documented disabilities
- Student Leadership Training
We are here to help you succeed…your success is our success!
Click on the links below for more information, or contact us directly with your questions,
- Cash Course - make informed financial decisions
- Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) Application
- Counseling and Support Services Workshops
- Credit Amnesty Program
- Disability Support Services (DSS)
- Drug and Alcohol Education
- Educational Opportunity Fund Program (EOF)
- Financial Aid Appeal Application
- Keys to College Success
- NJ STARS program
- Online Resources for Career Exploration and Transfer Information
- Student Leadership Programs
- Student Support Services (SSS)