Collegiate Computers Program
The Collegiate Computers Program, a pilot program beginning Fall 2013 semester, will offer laptop computers and printers to eligible Cape May County students. The computer equipment will be on loan to students for the duration of the time that they are enrolled in classes at Atlantic Cape.
As an incentive for students to remain in school and earn a degree, students that complete their program of study and graduate will be allowed to keep the computer equipment permanently.
If the student withdraws from college without completing a degree, he or she will be required to return the laptop so it can be distributed to another eligible student.
Additionally, students participating in the Collegiate Computers Program will be matched with mentors that will provide individualized coaching and support to ensure that students are using the equipment well and are making steady progress through their courses. Atlantic Cape mentors are adults in Cape May County who are able to model academic success and professionalism.
Participating students will be required to meet monthly with an academic counselor as well.
- Demonstrated financial need
- 2nd year student with 30 credits or more
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Enrolled full-time at Atlantic Cape Community College
- Working toward a degree
- Resident of Cape May County
- Be willing to work with a mentor and an academic counselor on an ongoing basis
How To Apply
To apply for the participation in the Collegiate Computers Program students must
- Submit the Collegiate Computers Program Application online
- Complete a Collegiate Computers Program application. Return to Maria Kellett,
Director of Major Gifts,
Atlantic Cape Community College,
341 Court House South Dennis Rd.,
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an Atlantic Cape professor, staff member or counselor
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Interview with a college committee
- Write a 250-500 word essay describing academic and professional goals. Discuss how having personal laptop computer will help lead to success at Atlantic Cape.
- Application Deadline: May 3
- Recipients Notified: June 1
- Enrollment Deadline: August 1
For more information, contact
Director of Major Gifts