Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award
Atlantic Cape Community College was honored to be added to the list of institutions to award the Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award in 2001.
The Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation of Philadelphia endows the award, which recognizes outstanding teachers at certain colleges and universities in southeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. The award, in existence more than 40 years, comes with a stipend of $4,000.
Atlantic Cape awards the Lindback to strong teachers who have contributed significantly to the education of our students. The honoree is a person we can hold up as a role model, a person who stands out, whose accessibility to students, high standards, and openness to new ideas and new ways of teaching stand as a shining example for others in our community of scholars.
Atlantic Cape’s honors one faculty member with the announcement of the award at commencement each spring.
- 2008 Christina Cavage, associate professor, English as a second language
- 2007 Marilyn Malerba Keiner, associate professor, paralegal studies
- 2006 Ethel "Effie" Russell, professor, English
- 2005 Dr. Louise Kaplan, professor, Anthropology and Bioethics
- 2004 Richard Benner, assistant professor of Philosophy and Religion
- 2003 Donna Albano, assistant professor of Hospitality Management
- 2002 Regina Van Epps, assistant professor of English