Faculty Assembly (FA)
All full-time teaching faculty, counselors, librarians and administrators are members.
The Assembly concerns itself with academic matters and is advisory to the President of the College
Meetings are held monthly or when necessary from September through May. Special meetings shall be called by the chairperson upon written request of ten or more members of the faculty. The date, time and place of meetings shall be decided by the executive committee. Non-members may attend meetings at the invitation of the executive committee.
Article I - Name
The name of this organization shall be the Faculty Assembly of Atlantic Cape Community College, hereinafter designated as the Collegiate Assembly.
Article II - Objective
The objective of this organization shall be to advise the college President in the affairs of the college.
Article III - Members
All full-time teaching faculty, counselors, librarians, and administrators shall be members of the Faculty Assembly.
Article IV - Executive Committee (CAEC)
The Executive Committee shall consist of seven (7) members:
- At the regular meeting in March, nominations for CAEC membership will be made from the floor.
- Ballots will be distributed and returned before the April meeting, when the results of the election will be announced.
- Should a vacancy on the CAEC occur, the chairperson, at the next regular Faculty Assembly meeting, shall call for nominations to fill the unexpired term and ballots will be distributed and returned before the following meeting.
Each term of office shall be for two years, and terms shall be staggered so as to provide continuity.
The Executive Committee shall elect from their number a chairperson, vice-chairperson and secretary
- The chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the organization and the CAEC; be a member ex-officio of all college operating committees; attend the college President's staff meetings and act as the chief executive officer of the Faculty Assembly.
- The vice-chairperson shall perform the duties of the chairperson in his/her absence or at his/her request.
- The secretary shall have charge of keeping records of all CAEC meetings; maintaining a list of operating committee and organization recommendations; making such list available to the members of the organization; executing the general correspondence; and in general, performing those duties as from time to time shall be assigned by the chairperson or the CAEC.
Regular meetings of the CAEC shall be held monthly September through May. Special meetings may be called upon request of three members of the committee. Four members shall constitute a quorum for a CAEC
The Executive Committee shall have general supervision of the affairs of the organization and:
- Shall prepare the agenda for meetings of the Collegiate Assembly (See Article V, Section D).
- Shall create new Faculty Assembly committees and appoint members.
- Shall report to the Faculty Assembly (1) all college operating committee recommendations and Faculty Assembly committee recommendations and (2) administrative reaction to operating committee recommendations and Faculty Assembly recommendations.
- Receive and review all charges to college committees.
- Report all recommendations of the Faculty Assembly to appropriate administrators.
- Recommend to the President of the college the appointment of faculty and staff to all college non-elected, standing committees.
- Create and dissolve new Collegiate Assembly committees and appoint new members.
- Review and recommend to the President of the college on the membership, function, and procedures of the college, elected and non-elected, standing committees.
Article V - Meetings
A regular meeting of the CAEC shall be held monthly or when necessary from September through May.
- Special meetings shall be called by the Chairperson upon written request of ten or more members of the faculty.
- The date, time and place of meetings shall be decided by the Executive Committee.
Forty members of the Faculty Assembly shall constitute a quorum for all meetings of the organization.
Non-members may attend meetings at the invitation of the Executive Committee.
The agenda of each meeting shall be determined by the Executive Committee.
- Motions shall be received only from members of the Collegiate Assembly.
- Such motions shall be accepted by the Executive Committee up to one week prior to a Faculty Assembly meeting.
- The agenda for a meeting shall be prepared and distributed as far in advance as possible before a meeting.
Article VI - Committees
The standing committee of the Faculty Assembly shall be the Executive Committee.
Article VII - Parliamentary Authority
The parliamentary authority shall be Robert's Rules of Order, revised for all matters not covered in these bylaws.
Article VIII - Amendment to Bylaws
These bylaws may be amended at any regular meeting by a two-thirds vote of the members present and voting, provided that notice of the proposed amendment has been submitted in writing at the previous regular meeting.