Project Management Certificate
Prerequisite: Some professional project management experience or coursework.
Prepare for the Project Management Institute issued Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam with the Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide to review project management fundamentals, explore study and test taking tools and techniques, and identify topics and key areas where you need to improve. The course includes class discussion, exercises, practice exams, self-study and assessments.
This class is ideal as a refresher, introduction to formal project management standards or examination of best practices based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide).
Note: To sit for the PMI exam, participants must take a 35-hour course; those without a bachelor’s degree have to have 5 years professional PM experience and proof of 7,500 project hours spent leading and directing projects. Participants with a 4-year bachelor’s degree must have 3 years professional PM experience and 4,500 hours spent leading and directing projects. Funding may be available for this program.
PDEV-123 (36 Hours)
Fee: $699 (Tuition $450, Lab $249)
(Text required at additional cost)
- Section MW01-Mays Landing Campus
Mondays and Wednesdays beginning October 5, 2015
(Ending November 11, 2015)
Certified ScrumMaster Workshop
Atlantic Cape has partnered with ASPE Inc. to provide ScrumMaster training in preparation for the CSM exam. ASPE Inc. is the only business-to-business trainer to be recognized by the IIBA as a Charter Endorsed Education Provider and is endorsed by PMI as a Registered Education Provider.
Even projects that have solid, well-defined plans encounter some degree of change and waste. Shifting market conditions, budget cuts, staff restructuring, or any number of influences, will disrupt the best plan while contributing to customer dissatisfaction and staff discouragement. Moreover, projects that begin with changing or unclear requirements make it difficult to establish project expectations. Scrum is the agile development process that allows teams to deliver usable software periodically throughout the life of the project, absorbing change and new requirements as the project proceeds.
This Scrum certification training course is a stimulating combination of class interaction, case studies, group exercises and workshops. Each is designed to allow you to easily grasp new concepts and techniques. Specifically, you will cover:
- The Art of the Possible: Learn how small change can have a large impact on productivity
- Product Integrity: Review various options employees use when faced with difficulty, learn the importance of delivering high quality products in Scrum
- Customer Expectations: Using a changing schedule and agile estimating and planning, assess the work to properly set customer expectations and manage customer satisfaction
- Running the Scrum Project: Run a full Scrum project that lasts 59 minutes. You will walk through all steps under the Scrum Framework
- Agile Estimating and Planning: Break into teams, and through decomposition and estimating plan out a project through delivery
- Team Dynamics: Since Scrum deals with change, conflict will happen. Learn methods to resolve problems in a self-managed environment
COSY-112 (16 Hours)
Fee: $1,250 (Includes tuition, materials and exam)
For More Information
Email Susan DeCicco, or call (609)-343-5655 for information on future classes.