Operations Technician Training
(Natural Gas Industry)
For more information or to register for this program
Atlantic Cape Community College
5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, NJ 08330
(609) 343-5688, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Technician Training (Natural Gas Industry)
Prerequisite: High school diploma or GED, a reading score of 9 and math score of 9 on the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), pass Bennett Mechanical Comprehensive Test (BMCT). Students will be required to have a physical and drug and alcohol screening. Note: Participants must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation to attend hands-on training sessions at the South Jersey Industries facility in Glassboro.
This course provides the training necessary to sit for New Construction Operator Qualification Exam. The 124 hours of curriculum includes three days of technical class work with an online component, five days classroom training and 10 days of field training.
- New Construction Operator Technician Classroom Training: plastic pipe fusion and installation, inspection of pipes, regulation of gas meters, understanding the gas industry, location markings, accident awareness and prevention
- Hands-On Instruction: leak detection, pipe inspection, gas indicator reading, diagnostic-voltage, current, resistance, skills in pipe fitting, reading pipeline drawings, inspection of pressure gauges, installing meters and regulators, safety techniques
- Introduction to Word/Resume Writing, Job Preparation and Work Readiness, Communication and Teambuilding, and Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid
Upon completion, you will be prepared to take the National Gas Association New Construction Operator Qualification (OQ) exam. Students will report to respective community colleges for classroom training and hands-on training at South Jersey Gas in Glassboro.
CONS-500 (124 Hours)
Fee: $2,900 (Tuition $2,500, Materials/Exams/Fees $400)
- Section MW01-Mays Landing Campus, Building T
Classroom Training: Monday-Friday beginning Oct. 27 (Ending Feb. 27)
Hands-on lab training hours vary, day and evening hours.
9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.