In order to ensure that our students are successful in elementary school, high school and beyond; GEAR UP! Atlantic City and Pleasantville offers the following services and activities:
- Academic instruction
- After-school tutoring
- Academic advisement
- 7-week summer program
- Career awareness workshops
- Test preparation workshops
- Information about financial aid
- Parent information sessions
- College preparatory workshops
- College visits
- Field trips
- Be currently enrolled in one of the following schools:
- Pleasantville Middle School
- Pleasantville High School
- Uptown School Complex
- Sovereign Avenue School
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. School
- Atlantic City High School.
- Complete the GEAR UP! Application
- Receive free/reduced lunch
- Provide a copy of their social security card
- Provide proof of residency
- Obtain (2) recommendations from either a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal
How to Apply
- Download and print the GEAR UP! application. [Download application here]
- Completely fill out the application.
- Submit a copy of your social security card, health insurance card and proof of residency.
- Obtain (2) recommendations from a teacher, guidance counselor or principal.
- Submit your application with all required paperwork to the GEARUP! Contact Person
at your school.