IT Professional Series
CompTIA Security+ Certification – Online
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that demonstrates competency in: network security; compliance and operational security; threats and vulnerabilities; application, data and host security; access control and identity management; and cryptography. CompTIA Security+ ensures students are able to apply knowledge of security concepts, tools and procedures to react to security incidents and to guard against them. At the completion of the course, students will be prepared to take the Security+ Certification exam. This class will be taught online. Required book is ISBN: 9781111640125, Security+ Guide to Network
Security Fundamentals, 4th Edition by Mark Ciampa.
COSY-205 (69 Hours)
Fee: $1,025 (Tuition $525, Lab $500)
- Section OW01-Online
Begins Oct. 13 (Ending Nov. 24)
NEW! TGIF Technology Forums for Small Businesses – Join the Discussion
We are excited to partner with area IT experts Stephen Vogt and Alex Kuprianov to bring the latest information about iClouding to help small businesses to succeed, reduce IT costs and keep your information safe.
- Sept. 12: Introduction to Cloud (What is the Cloud, types of Cloud [public/private], pros and cons of Cloud)
- Sept. 19: Cloud Security (Keeping data safe, encryption methods, methods of protection)
- Sept. 26: Cloud Virtualization (What is Virtualization: storage, server, operating and networking)
- Oct. 3: Emergency Preparedness of Cloud environment (Emergency plan, redundancy and portability)
Register by Aug. 29.
COSY-114 (8 Hours)
- Section MW01-Mays Landing Campus, Building T
4 Fridays beginning Sept. 12 (Ending Oct. 3)