FREE Overview Workshops
What Every Medical Professional Needs to Know
~ ~ ~
Electronic Health Records (EHR), ICD-10
and Personal Health Records (PHR)
About the Workshops - The NJ Community College Consortium (NJCCC) and the 19 community colleges in partnership with the NJ Hospital Association (NJHA), and NJ Health Information Technology Extension Center (NJ-HITEC), through a Skills4Jersey grant from the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJLWD), are delivering Health Information Technology (Health IT) Overview Workshops on the topics of Electronic Health Records (EHR), Personal Health Records (PHR), and/or ICD-10 to the medical community.
Atlantic Cape Community College
5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, NJ
- Wed., Sept. 18 - Electronic Health Record (EHR) - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Building T
- Fri., Sept. 20 - ICD-10 - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. J-202
- Wed., Sept. 25 - Personal Health Record (PHR) - 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Building T
- Fri., Oct. 4 - Electronic Health Record (EHR) - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. J-202
- Fri., Oct. 18 - Personal Health Record (PHR) - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. J-202
- Fri., Nov. 1 - ICD-10 - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. J-202
- Fri., Nov. 15 - Personal Health Record (PHR) - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. J-202
Atlantic Cape Community College
Worthington Atlantic City Campus
1535 Bacharach Blvd. Atlantic City, NJ
- Fri., Oct. 11 - Electronic Health Record (EHR) - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. 287
- Fri., Oct. 25 - Personal Health Record (PHR) - 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. 287
- Fri., Nov. 8 - ICD-10, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. 287
Electronic Health Records (EHRs) – There will be two versions of the EHR Workshop – one customized for hospitals and one tailored for physician practices. There is no escaping the transition from paper records to EHRs; new federal regulations require the transition, providers are realizing the benefits, and patients want access to their medical records. In this workshop, you will learn about the importance of EHRs as well as how they improve the quality of patient care, facilitate more effective patient case management, enhance patient safety, and drive down costs.
Personal Health Records (PHRs) – This Workshop offers participants an electronic copy of the information included in a medical facility generated EHR for their own records in the form of a PHR. Participants will learn about patient health literacy, “opt in vs. opt out” options as well as privacy and security caveats. Patient health literacy is a dictionary-like tool explaining commonly used medical terms, because as of 2014, doctors will be required to provide their patients with a copy of their medical health record.
ICD-10 - All healthcare providers and insurance carriers are required to switch from ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes beginning October 1, 2014. This newer coding schema is more detailed, advanced, and capable of handling the coding complexities of modern medicine. This Workshop offers education on how ICD-10 will impact healthcare organizations as well as raises awareness of the impact of this transition. It will also prepare healthcare employees for the disruption that these changes will have on a number of current processes as well as reimbursements and cash flow.
Contact Esther Gandica at (609) 343-5651 or firstname.lastname@example.org