Keeping our Alumni informed of Atlantic Cape activities
- Call for Work: ACCC Art Gallery Seeks Alumni Artists
- Academy Students Bring Home Gold Medals from New York Food Show
- Taste the Thrill at March 7 Restaurant Gala
- Rutgers to Hold Open House at ACCC
- IRA Distributions Provide New Way to Give to ACCC
- Alumni Updates
- ACCC Receives Equity Award
- ACCC Presents Free Play for Children March 11
- Archery Alumni Tournament a Success
- ACCC Offers Dozens of Continuing Education Courses in March
- Annual Appeal Supports Access, Excellence, Stewardship
- Benefits of Membership
- Fall 2011
- Summer 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2009
- Winter 2009
- Fall 2008
- Summer 2008
- Spring 2008
- Winter 2008
- Fall 2007
- Summer 2007
- Spring 2007
- Winter 2006
- Fall 2006
- Summer 2006
- Spring 2006
Atlantic Cape salutes its sustaining sponsors
IRA Distributions Provide New Way to Give to ACCC
ACCCers have shown their generosity to the college in many ways—by setting up scholarship funds, establishing endowments, supporting special events and giving to the Annual Appeal. Now, under a provision of the Pension Protection Act, there is another way for alumni and friends to make a gift that can benefit the college and its students.
If you are taking mandatory distributions from a Roth or Traditional IRA, you can now make an entirely tax-free gift to the college’s Foundation. Your IRA charitable distribution will satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution for the year.
But you need to act promptly--the incentive is temporary and is in effect for the 2007 tax year, requiring that contributions be made by Dec. 31, 2007. Some restrictions apply:
- You must be at least 70 1/2 years of age
- Tax benefits apply for gifts up to $100,000 per person per year
- You can make these IRA charitable distributions in 2007 only
- You must instruct your IRA account administrator to make the distribution directly to the charity, in this case the ACCC Foundation.
- Only outright charitable gifts are eligible; life-income gifts such as charitable gift annuities do not qualify.
For more information on making an IRA charitable distribution to the ACCC Foundation, contact Kathy Corbalis, (609) 343-4907, associate director, ACCC Foundation.