Registering for Credit Classes
Before you register, you will need to gather the following information. You will be asked to present this information at the time of registration.
- Proof of Hospitalization Insurance: All full-time students are required to have hospitalization insurance in accordance with state law. Bring proof of insurance to the Business Office when you register or you will be charged for the college’s policy.
- Proof of Immunization: Also in accordance with state law, new full-time students born since January 1, 1957 must submit a doctor's certificate of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella. Separate evidence must be submitted that a second immunization against measles has been administered in order to register for the next semester. See our Immunization FAQs for more information.
- Placement Test Results: You must take the Placement Test at least 10 days before registering for classes. Results from this test will be used to determine your course placement.
- Prerequisites: If your Placement Test results indicate a need for developmental courses, you must schedule these courses first. Satisfactory completion of these courses is required for entry into most college-level courses. If you are a transfer student, have official transcripts sent from previous institutions at least two weeks before registering, or provide unofficial transcripts to show completion of course prerequisites.
- Update of Degree Progress: If you are a returning degree student, you should meet with your advisors to have courses approved and registration forms signed before registration start dates. Review your academic progress report and get the name of your advisor from the Career and Academic Planning Center.
- Payment: Payment is due at the time of registration unless other arrangements are made through the Bursar's Office. The following are accepted forms of payment: cash, checks (payable to Atlantic Cape), VISA, Mastercard, MAC and the Atlantic Cape Payment Plan. Vouchers and purchase orders are also accepted from any person or agency that provides a form or letter authorizing Atlantic Cape to bill them for tuition and fees. Payment will differ depending on if you are a general student or enrolled in the Academy of Culinary Arts, an Allied Health program, or are a member of SAGES (Senior Adults Gaining Education and Stimulation). Current charges are listed in the schedule of tuition and fees.
- Chargebacks: If you do not live in Atlantic or Cape May county you are required to file a chargeback form every semester or pay out-of-county rates. A chargeback authorizes Atlantic Cape to bill your home county in New Jersey for the out-of-county portion of the tuition. It is your responsibility to verify eligibility for a chargeback with your home county. Forms are available from the local county treasurer's office or community college.
- Financial Aid Deadlines: If you apply for financial aid, you will need to file at least 8-10 weeks before you plan to register. Call the Financial Aid Office at (609) 343-5082 or (609) 463-4774, ext. 5082, for more information or visit the Financial Aid Web page.