Admission FAQs

I want to complete a degree program
You are strongly encouraged to follow the steps to enrollment when seeking a degree so that you can be successfully admitted to the college and registered in classes as quickly as possible.
I do not want to complete a degree program
Complete the application and select "undeclared" as your major. You are not eligible for financial aid and must still take the Placement Test unless you meet the Test waiver requirements or receive special permission from the Director of Admissions or the Director of the Career & Academic Planning Center.
I want to transfer to Atlantic Cape
You may be awarded up to 32 credits if the courses taken meet the criteria for transfer.
I want to take a credit course or courses
Follow the steps for "I do not want to complete a degree program."
I want to take a course for personal or professional development
We offer a variety of continuing education/non-credit courses or you may take one credit course with approval from the Director of Admissions or the Director of the Career & Academic Planning Center to waive the Placement Test requirement for one semester only.
I want to change my degree or major
If you change from non-degree to degree-seeking status, or if you change your major, contact the Career and Academic Planning Center, (609) 343-5621, (609) 463-4774 or 625-1111, ext. 5621.
I want to re-apply to the college
If you withdrew from Atlantic Cape in good academic standing, you may re-enter at any time by registering for classes. Students who were dismissed or suspended must apply for re-admission in writing to the Director of Counseling and Support Services. Students in the Academy of Culinary Arts must request re-admission through the Dean of the Academy. Re-entry to the ACA is also contingent on available space.
I need a chargeback
Residents of Atlantic or Cape May counties who take a course or program of study at another New Jersey county college are eligible for a chargeback if the course or program is not offered at Atlantic Cape. Please allow up to one week for processing. Other criteria apply. Non-residents of Atlantic or Cape May counties taking classes at Atlantic Cape are required to file a chargeback form every semester when they register or must pay out-of-county rates.
I want to take courses at Atlantic Cape while attending another college
Apply for admission as a Visiting Student and provide to the Admissions Office an unofficial transcript showing pre-requisite completion for the course(s) you're looking to take. It is important that visiting students obtain written approval from their home institution for the course or courses they want to take at Atlantic Cape to ensure transferability.
I want to visit a class without enrolling
You may request a one-time visit to a class without applying or enrolling at Atlantic Cape. Follow the procedures as outlined and complete the "Visiting a Class" form. For more information on the procedures to visit a class at Atlantic Cape or the Academy of Culinary Arts, contact the Admissions Office.
I want more information on a specific program
Send a request for information to the Admissions Office online, via e-mail or by phone at 609-343-5000 or 609-463-3958.
I'm having trouble logging in to WebAdvisor
Visit the WebAdvisor troubleshooting site for information on how to log in to your account, take our online tutorial or review the WebAdvisor FAQs.
I want to transfer courses from other colleges to Atlantic Cape
Follow the procedures for transferring to Atlantic Cape.
I'm taking classes for the first time at Atlantic Cape, how much does a class cost?
Tuition and fees at Atlantic Cape are set each spring by the college's Board of Trustees for the following academic year. A full listing of all required fees, plus tuition, is available on the tuition and fees page. The typical full-time student taking 12 credits can expect to pay about $1,490. per semester. A student taking one three-credit course can expect to pay $350. An Atlantic or Cape May county student or other N.J. resident with a chargeback majoring in culinary arts taking 12 credits can expect to pay about $6,920. Out of county students will pay twice the tuition rate per credit unless they file a chargeback form each semester.
I was told I need to be "full-time", what does that mean?
A full-time student is one who registers for at least 12 credits each semester. Most full-time students carry a credit load between 15-17 credits each term, except for Summer sessions.
Is there financial aid available for my classes?
Financial aid is available to qualified students for credit programs and a limited number of continuing education (non-credit) programs. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and file a request for aid each academic year.
Why do I need to see an advisor to pick my classes?
Atlantic Cape believes that effective academic planning and course selection are critical factors leading to student success. Therefore, students are encouraged to meet with advisors and discuss their academic future prior to registering for classes each semester. Successful academic planning ensures a student takes only those courses which meet their degree requirements and can help shorten the time to graduation. Advisement is available in person and online.
I am an International Student, how do I apply?
To apply, international students must submit the required admission materials, application fee, and tuition deposit by MAY 1st for entry into the Fall semester and SEPTEMBER 1st for entry into the Spring semester.
I have completed college courses in another country. Can I transfer those courses to Atlantic Cape?
Transcripts from foreign colleges or secondary schools must be submitted for formal evaluation to an agency approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A student in need of this service can visit the NACES website to find and select a member approved by NACES to perform their foreign credential evaluation. Upon completion of the evaluation, the student must submit the official evaluation report along with a completed Evaluation of Transfer Credits Form to the Admissions Office to determine transferability of courses. Students may transfer a maximum of 32 credits to Atlantic Cape.
My native language is not English, can I still attend Atlantic Cape?
If your native language is not English, you may still attend Atlantic Cape but must first take the English as a Second Language (ESL) Placement Test. The test will show whether you can begin college-level classes or if you need further study in ESL Courses.