Student Information for Commencement
Commencement will be held on Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 11 a.m. on the Mays Landing Campus.
One member of the graduating class is eligible to serve a one-year membership on the college's Board of Trustees. This position is filled through an election process. The elected student will be seated in July 2017 and serve until the following June. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application and return it to the Student Affairs Office or contact firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3, 2017.
If you will complete the requirements for your degree by the end of the spring semester, please follow the instructions below.
To apply for graduation, complete the degree audit application Online through WebAdvisor by February 24, 2017. Log in to your WebAdvisor account, click on “Students” then “Application for graduation.” Complete the Online form, submit and make the $30 payment to complete the process. If you want your name to appear in the newspaper and the Commencement program you must meet the February 24th deadline whether or not you plan to participate in the ceremony.
After receiving your degree audit application with payment, the Enrollment Services staff will complete the audit. You will be notified by mail regarding your eligibility including any outstanding course requirements. STUDENTS WHO ARE SHORT MORE THAN TWO COURSES or HAVE A GPA BELOW A 2.0 WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN COMMENCEMENT.
Diplomas will NOT be handed out at Commencement, you will receive a diploma cover. Once you have completed your degree requirements and have been certified as a graduate, your diploma will be ordered and mailed to you. Please allow three weeks after Commencement to receive your diploma. If you have any questions, please contact Enrollment Services, 609-343-5645, 609-463-4774, ext. 5645, or email@example.com.
If you plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony, you must purchase a cap and gown at the College Bookstore. Please follow the instructions under Caps, Gowns and Honor Stoles below to order your cap and gown.
If you previously attended another college or university and have had a transcript sent to Atlantic Cape, review your records on WebAdvisor to verify those courses have been evaluated and added to your records. If any courses are not included, please contact the Admissions Office at 609-343-5006, 609-463-4774, ext. 5006, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding your:
- Diploma, audit or GPA call 609-343-5645/609-463-4774, ext. 5645 or email@example.com;
- Cap and gown order, call 609-343-5130/609-463-4774, ext. 5130 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Commencement ceremony, call 609-343-5083/609-463-4774, ext. 5083 or email@example.com.
- See also our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.
Caps, Gowns and Honor Stoles
Caps, gowns and honor stoles must be ordered and paid for at the College Bookstore by Tuesday, March 27, 2017. The cost for a cap, gown and tassel is $34.00, an extra tassel is $6.99. The cost for the honor stole, including a red tassel, is $30.00. See "Honors Criteria" below for eligibility. Payment must be made at time of order. Caps and gowns may be picked up at the College Bookstore in Mays Landing with your receipt after April 24, if ordered by the deadline. Caps and Gowns will not be ordered or sold after April 24, 2017.
Bookstore hours are:
- Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Closed for Spring Break March 13 - 18
Announcements and a detailed instruction sheet for severe weather will be given to you when you pick up your cap and gown.
If you already have a cap and gown, you must notify the Student Affairs Office that you will be participating or you will not be included in the ceremony, 609-343-5083, 609-463-4774, ext. 5083 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You MUST fall under one of the criteria below using your Fall 2016 CGPA to be eligible to wear an honor stole. Spring 2017 grades are not used. There are two CGPA criteria for honor status that can make you eligible to wear an honor stole:
- If you entered Atlantic Cape prior to Fall 1994 and have a CGPA of 3.0 or above
- If you entered Atlantic Cape during/after Fall 1994 and have a CGPA of 3.5 or above
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2015 Commencement
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2014 Commencement
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2013 Commencement
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2012 Commencement
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2011 Commencement
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2010 Commencement
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2009 Commencement
- Visit Atlantic Cape's 2008 Commencement