Potato Leek Soup
Name: Michael Huber
Title: Chef Educator
- 6 C. Chicken Stock
- 2 lbs. Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 Medium Leeks (whites only), sliced thin
- 1 C. Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt and White Pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Place stock, potatoes and leeks in saucepan and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree mixture in food processor or hand-held blender.
- Temper heavy cream into soup by mixing with ladle of hot soup first.
- Taste for seasoning.
- To serve cold, chill in ice bath, then taste for seasoning, as the cold will mute flavors and require additional salt and pepper.