Procedure No. 926.2
Area: Facilities Management
Description: Wildlife Feeding Control
A regulation to prohibit the feeding of unconfined wildlife at Atlantic Cape Community College, so as to protect public’s health, safety and welfare; and to prescribe penalties for failure to comply.
For the purpose of this regulation, the following terms, phrases, words and their derivations shall have the meanings stated herein unless their use in the text of this regulation clearly demonstrates a different meaning. When not inconsistent with the context, words used in the present tense include the future, words used in the plural number include the singular number, and words used in the singular number include the plural number. The word "shall" is always mandatory and not merely directory.
- Feed – to give, place, expose, deposit, distribute or scatter any edible material with the intention of feeding, attracting or enticing wildlife. Feeding does not include baiting in the legal taking of fish and/or game.
- Person – any individual (including but not limited to a College student; visiting faculty member or other visitor; guest; professional member of the College’s academic, administrative, or teaching staff; or other College officer, agent, or employee), corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, or political subdivision of this State whose conduct on College property is subject to regulation by the College.
- College - Atlantic Cape Community College.
- College property – Lands and buildings owned or controlled by Atlantic Cape Community College.
- Wildlife – all animals that are neither human nor domesticated.
III. Prohibited Conduct:
No person shall feed any unconfined wildlife on College property, except as part of academic research.
- Any College student who is found to be in violation of this regulation shall be subject to disciplinary sanctions or other actions in accordance with the College’s Student Code of Conduct Policy.
- Any College officer, staff member, employee, or agent who is found to be in violation of this regulation shall be subject to dismissal, removal, reduction of salary, suspension, demotion, or other disciplinary action in accordance with applicable New Jersey statutes and relevant contracts or agreements.
- Any other person who has entered into a contract or agreement with the College to provide equipment, materials, supplies, or services on College property, and who is found to be in violation of this regulation, shall be subject to sanctions in accordance with the contract or agreement.
- Any visitor, guest, or other person who is not identified under IV.a, IV.b, or IV.c above, and who is found to be in violation of this regulation, is subject to ejection from College property and, if the person refuses to leave after being asked to leave, to prosecution for criminal trespass under N.J.S.A. 2C:18-3.
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu