Procedure No. 925.1
Area: Human Resources
Description: Emergency Procedures
A. Medical Injury
- Contact the Security Department immediately. Indicate the nature of the injury, the precise location of the injured party and precisely answer any questions asked by the Security Officer.
- Comfort the individual, protect them (and others) from further injury, and
offer first aid if possible.
a. DO NOT MOVE THE INJURED PARTY unless necessary to protect against further injury.
- Security Department shall contact the College Nurse and assist in transporting him/her to the injured party.
- Security Department shall call for outside medical assistance if required.
- Security shall have full jurisdiction at the scene of the accident until police and/or medical assistance arrives.
- Security shall be responsible for administering first aid, CPR and oxygen (if needed) until the arrival of medical support services.
- Security shall secure the immediate area and obtain as much information as possible regarding the injury and the victim. All information shall be recorded on the Investigation Report.
- Sound the fire alarm by pulling one of the pull stations.
- Evacuate the building.
C. Bomb Threat and Civil Disorder
- Report situation immediately to the Security Department.
- Security shall immediately notify the Director of Facilities Management and the College President.
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu