Procedure No. 915.1
Area: Facilities Management
Description: Work Requests
The Facilities Management Department operates a fully computerized work order program for systematically providing routine repairs and maintenance to the College facilities, infrastructure and equipment.
- Work requests must be submitted to the Facilities Management Office in writing via the "Work Request" form. ((See 915.1-Supplement 1) Requests received on improper forms shall be returned to the requester.
- Work Request forms are available from Central Stores and will be charged to individual budgets.
- Verbal requests will not be accepted except in the case of extreme emergencies.
- Upon receipt of a Work Request, the Facilities Management Office shall assign a work order number and a "due by" date. The request shall be entered into our work order system, assigned to an employee and returned to the sender for his/her record.
- The requestor should always refer to the work order number when mailing inquiries on status.
- The "due by" date is determined by the following priorities and set by Facilities Management:
Emergency - within 24 hours
Urgent - within 48 hours
1 - within 1 week
2 - within 2 weeks
3 - within 3 weeks
4 - within 4 weeks
5 - No rush, time permitting
- Upon completion of work request, the request is returned to the office and entered into the history file as complete. The requester will receive a "Work Completion" form as verification that the job is completed. (See Supplement 2, No 915.1)
Procedures:Work Request Form Supplement 1, No. 915.1
Completion of Work Request Form Supplement 2, No. 915.1
Preventative Maintenance No. 915.2
Requesting Non-routine Services No. 915.3
Project Approval and Work Request Form Supplement 1, No. 915.3
Equipment Installation No. 915.4
Moving Furniture, Equipment and Events Set-ups No. 915.5
Equipment Relocation Request Form Supplement 1, No. 915.5
Vehicle Accessibility No. 915.6
Vehicle Request Form Supplement 1, No. 915.6
Driver Summary Form for Insurance Purposes Supplement 2, No. 915.6
Fuel Dispensing Control No. 915.7
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu