Procedure No. 702.1
Area: Business Services
Description: General Rules for Procurement
To obtain the best possible value for Atlantic Cape Community College for all purchases, and especially in the procurement of capital equipment, compliance with the following is required:
1. Initial contacts with the supplier should be made by the Purchasing Office unless this department decides that circumstances require other than Purchasing contact.
2. Approved requisitions are to be forwarded to the Purchasing Office, which will place the order, request quotes, or initiate bid proceedings.
3. All inquiries are to be forwarded to the supplier by the Purchasing Office.
4. Quotations will be mailed to the Purchasing Office and then will be discussed with the requisitioner.
5. The same information will be given to all suppliers so that their quotations will be to the same specifications.
6. The Purchasing Office only will give the order to a supplier.
7. The Purchasing Office only will give change orders to a supplier.
8. There will be no discussion of prices with a supplier after a quotation is received.
9. No particular supplier will be given indication whether or not the College is favoring him/her.
10. A supplier must not be informed that he/she is the only supplier.
11. No proprietary ideas that one supplier provides will be passed on to another supplier.
12. All negotiations with the supplier are to be handled by the Purchasing Office.
13. The supplier will not be informed how much money may be in the appropriation.
14. No reference to supplier's quotes are to appear in the specifications.
15. No one must do anything that will weaken the Purchasing Office's negotiating function.
16. Terms and conditions, F.O.B., payments, etc., will be the responsibility of the Purchasing Office.
17. Specifications and full description of equipment are the responsibility of both the requisitioner and the Purchasing Office.
Procedures:Requisition Process for Non-Perishable Purchases No. 702.2
Methods of Purchase No. 702.3
Purchase Order Preparation for Non-Perishables No. 702.4
Purchase Order Distribution for Non-Perishables No. 702.5
Purchase Order Change Notice for Non-Perishables No. 702.6
Central Receiving for Non-Perishable Supplies & Equipment No. 702.7
Management of Perishables No. 702.8
Perishable Storeroom Basic Daily Receiving Procedures No. 702.9
Goods Received Without Invoice Supplement 1, No. 702.9
Request for Credit MemoSupplement 2, No. 702.9
Central Stores Non-Perishables No. 702.10
Central Stores Distribution No. 702.11
Print Shop No. 702.12
Mail Room No. 702.13
See Also:Information Technology Services Policy No. 404
Information Technology Services Procedure No. 404.1
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu