Procedure No. 606.1
Area: General Administration
Description: Chargeback Calculations
Atlantic Cape Community College, when accepting out-of-county students, shall charge the differential chargeback rates as recommended by the N.J. Council of County Colleges and determined by the State Treasurer, calculating the amount to be charged in the following manner:
1. Determine the total number of current year's estimated resident (Atlantic and Cape May counties) credit-hour and equivalent credit-hour enrollments and divide by 30 to obtain the full-time equivalent students enrollments (resident FTEs).
- Equivalent credit hours for State fundable non-credit course offerings shall be calculated by dividing total non-credit course contact hours by 15.
- Atlantic and Cape May county resident credit-hour and equivalent credit-hour enrollments are defined as all county residents enrollments which are eligible for State funding pursuant to the Statement of Auditing and Accounting Standards issued by the Department of the Treasury.
3. Multiply the sending county's eligible credit-hour and equivalent credit-hour enrollments for each differential funding group by their respective differential ratios, and total. Divide the total by 30 to determine the sending county's eligible weighted FTEs.
4. Multiply the base chargeback rate times the sending county's eligible weighted FTEs to determine the charge to the sending county.
5. Atlantic Cape Community College shall adjust the charge to sending counties when audited actual credit-hour and equivalent credit-hour enrollments become available from the annual enrollment audit. The calculations in subparagraphs 1 to 4 above shall be made utilizing the audited actual credit-hour and equivalent credit-hour enrollments divided by 30 to equal FTEs and adjusted county operating appropriation, if applicable. The difference between this adjusted chargeback amount and the previous State Fiscal Year's chargeback amount to each sending county shall be added to or subtracted from the following year's initial chargeback billing to the sending counties, and shall be so identified upon that bill.
Atlantic Cape Community College shall provide to the sending counties:
1. Certification of each chargeback student's current semester's enrollment by course and by program on its chargeback billing.
2. Certification of the previous year's audited resident enrollments and audited level of Atlantic and Cape May county support;
3. Current year course catalog.
These "Guidelines for Determining Chargeback Eligibility" will cease to be effective upon revisions to the chargeback statute (18A:64A-23).
Nothing contained in these guidelines is intended to alter the statutory responsibility for payment of chargeback.
See Also:Student Development Procedure No. 202.2
Student Development Policy No. 213
Finance Procedure No. 602.1
Finance Procedure No. 602.8
Finance Policy No. 606
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu