Procedure No. 601.1
Area: Finance Department
Description: Safekeeping of Money
1. The cashier uses system generated cash receipt forms for all cash and checks taken in.
2. All cash receipts received in the mail are logged and endorsed by the President's office, then forwarded to a cashier.
3. Every check is stamped on the back with the bank endorsement stamp immediately upon receipt.
4. All receipts of cash and checks are deposited in banks daily. Deposits are taken to banks only by employees of the department or armored car service
5. All cash, checks on hand, and cash boxes at the end of the day are put into the office safe for overnight security. The combination for this safe is held by a limited number of people.
6. The Bursar's change fund is maintained on an imprest basis and brought to the full amount of cash on hand at frequent intervals.
7. Signature plates are secured at the end of the day for overnight security.
8. All other petty cash funds are maintained on an imprest basis and brought to the full amount of cash on hand at frequent intervals.
Procedures:Cashier Checkout No. 601.2
Cash Counted Down Sheet Supplement 1, No. 601.2
Returned Checks No. 601.3
Cash Over/Short No. 601.4
Cash Over/Short Log Supplement 1, No. 601.4
Student Accounts No. 601.5
Student Loans No. 601.6
Student Scholarships and Grants No. 601.7
Payment Plan No. 601.8
Chargeback Certificates for Non-County Residents No. 601.9
Refund No. 601.10
Renegotiating Perkins Loans No. 601.11
Renegotiated Payment Agreement Supplement 1, No. 601.11
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu