Procedure No. 503.1
Area: General Administration
Description: Grants Procurement/Administration
GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS:
- 1. Administrative approval must be obtained before a proposal for a grant
or contract is developed.
- The individual initiating the proposal should complete and process a Grant Pre-Proposal Form. (This form may be obtained from the Resource Development Office. - See 504.1 - Supplement 1)
- NOTE: The Resource Development Office will be available to assist faculty and staff members in developing the Grant Pre-Proposal Form.
- B. Upon approval by the College President, the proposal originator should forward a copy of the approved Grant Pre-Proposal Form to the Resource Development Office.
2. Upon receipt of the approved Grant Pre-Proposal Form, the proposal originator and the Resource Development Office will coordinate the preparation of the grant proposal draft.
- Upon request from the grant proposal originator, the Resource Development Office will provide the following:
- (1) consultation for proposal form
- (2) data retrieval for:
- a. cover page
- b. abstract
- c. needs assessment
- (3) assist in drafting of proposals as needed.
- (4) assistance with finalization of proposal such as budgeting, proof- reading, writing the final document, clerical support, etc.
- 3. Upon completion of the final proposal draft, the proposal originator or
the Resource Development Office will obtain the necessary approvals
(signatures) within the College and submit the final proposal to the funding
- 4. Approved final proposals will be on file in the Resource Development
- 5. Following submission of the final proposal to the funding agency, and
before receipt of the award, inquiries relative to any proposals are
coordinated by the proposal contact person. This person will advise the
Resource Develop- ment Office as to the status of the proposal with the funding
agency. Any revisions to the original proposal should be made by the project
originator and subsequently approved by the President.
- 6. The proposal originator shall apply for post-decision analysis from the
funding agency. All comments regarding the post-decision analysis will be
reported to the proposal contact person. These comments will be kept on file in
the Resource Development Office.
INTERNAL ADMINISTRATION OF APPROVED GRANTS
- 1. Upon receipt of notification of grant award and acceptance by the
College, the contact person will notify all participatory personnel.
- 2. Primary responsibility and accountability for the grant project
operations rests with the project director.
- 3. Upon receipt of the grant contract, the Resource Development Office and
the Grants Management Office work with the project director and the Grants
Accountant to establish the budget recording system for the grant.
- 4. During the grant period the Resource Development Office will:
- A. Provide clerical and technical assistance to the project in the area of
- B. Serve as liaison between the College and the funding agency.
- C. Serve as liaison between the project director and other offices within
- D. Maintain copies of required project reports on file.
Procedures:Grant Procurement/Administration No. 503
Grant Pre-Proposal Form, Supplement 1 No. 503.1s1
RFP Grant Review Form, Supplement 2 No. 503.1s2
Acquisition, Use and Disposal of Perkins Equipment No. 503.2
Procedure for Letters of Support Related to Grant Applications No. 503.3
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu