Procedure No. 6.1
Area: Board of Trustees
Effective November 1, 1990, signs were posted at all entrances to College buildings stating "SMOKING PROHIBITED".
All Atlantic Cape employees, students and visitors are required to comply with this policy.
Violators will be subject to disciplinary action:
- Normal administrative disciplinary procedures or the appropriate negotiated agreement grievance procedures will prevail for employee violators.
- Student violators will be called before the Dean of Students.
- All violators are subject to the public law governing smoking in public places.
Complaints may be addressed as follows:
- Employee complaints or inquiries should be directed to the immediate supervisor.
- Students should direct complaints or inquiries to the Dean of Students.
- In addition, anyone may register a complaint with a security officer.
All employees share the responsibility of monitoring the smoking prohibition.
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu