Atlantic Cape Offers "Club 50 Plus" Enrichment Workshops for Older Adults
December 14, 2016
This spring, Atlantic Cape Community College will offer “Club 50 Plus” workshops, designed to enhance the personal, professional and social lives of older adults. Fifteen workshops and seminars will be held, ranging in focus from nutrition to retirement planning. This semester’s offerings will include the following programs.
· Buying on eBay 101 introduces you to eBay and covers all aspects of using this ecommerce site for purchasing wisely. (6-8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 25, Mays Landing Campus)
· Guitar Basics focuses on chords, scales and music theory while students play their favorite songs on their own guitars. (7-8:30 p.m., Tuesdays, Jan. 31-March 21, Mays Landing Campus)
· Guitar Basics, Part 2 allows those with some guitar experience to expand their knowledge of chords, to study guitar solo concepts and to learn favorite songs on their guitars. (7-8:30 p.m., Tuesdays, April 4-May 23, Mays Landing Campus)
· Planning for a Successful Retirement covers vital money management concepts and issues critical to people at or near retirement with a focus on assets for retirement income, lifetime use and future generations. (6-9 p.m., Tuesdays, April 18 & 25 or Thursdays April 20 & 27, Cape May County Campus)
· Nutrition – Obesity, Diabetes and Hypertension examines how obesity is a risk factor for serious health conditions and chronic diseases, and how you can make good dietary choices to maintain a healthy weight. (7-9 p.m., Monday, April 24, Mays Landing Campus)
· Sharing Pictures across the Web covers how to move images from your camera, phone or tablet to your computer; and then how to edit, organize and store them using Dropbox and iCloud. (9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Friday, May 5 & 12, Mays Landing Campus; 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., March 16 & 23, Cape May County Campus)
· iPad Basics explores the features and options of your iPad, focusing on finger gestures and keyboard commands to navigate efficiently on this device. (9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Friday, May 19, Mays Landing Campus)
· iPad Basics, Part 2 covers various iPad applications, such as Safari, Mail and the App Store. (9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Friday, May 26, Mays Landing Campus)
You may join Club 50 Plus for $5 and get a 15 percent discount on future Club 50 Plus workshops, culinary and professional enrichment classes through June 30, 2017. Mention code: CEGN001-MW01.
Club 50 Plus workshops will be offered on the Mays Landing Campus, 5100 Black Horse Pike, or at the Cape May County Campus, 341 Court House-South Dennis Road. For workshop details and prices or to register, call 609-343-5655 or visit atlantic.edu/ce.