Atlantic Cape Announces Public Forums with Presidential Finalists
October 25, 2016
The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees selected three finalists for the presidency of Atlantic Cape Community College. Each finalist will participate in open forums at all three campuses Nov. 8-10.
These forums are open to students, faculty, staff and the general public. There will be a brief introduction of each candidate followed by a question and answer session. The finalists include:
Dr. Barbara Gaba, provost and associate vice president for Academic Affairs at Union County College. Previously, she was the dean of Academic and Student Support Services at Camden County College. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Education and Sociology from Stony Brook University, a Master of Education in Educational Psychology from Rutgers University, and a Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Psychology from Bayero University, Nigeria.
Dr. Paula Pitcher is the senior advisor to the commissioner at the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education. Previously, she served as the vice president of Enrollment Management, Research and Planning at Middlesex Community College in Massachusetts. She earned an Associate of Applied Science in Computer Science from Texas State Technical College, a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management and a Master of Business Administration from Bethel College, and a Doctor of Management in Community College Policy & Administration from the University of Maryland University College.
Dr. Irene Rios is the dean of Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer at the Naugatuck Valley Community College in Connecticut. Previously, she was the dean for the Division of Graduate and Evening Adult Undergraduate Programs at Albertus Magnus College. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management and a Master of Science in Curriculum Design and Instructional Strategies from the Rochester Institute of Technology, and a Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership from the University of Hartford.
The open forum schedule is as follows:
Dr. Barbara Gaba
· Tuesday, Nov. 8, 10:30-11:30 a.m, Cape May County Campus, Room 212
· Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2:15-3:15 p.m., Worthington Atlantic City Campus, Room 204
· Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2-3 p.m., Mays Landing Campus, Walter Edge Theater, C Building
Dr. Paula Pitcher
· Tuesday, Nov. 8, 10:45-11:45 a.m., Worthington Atlantic City Campus, Room 204
· Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2-3 p.m., Cape May County Campus, Room 212
· Tuesday, Nov. 8, 4-5 p.m, Mays Landing Campus, Walter Edge Theater, C Building
Dr. Irene Rios
· Wednesday, Nov. 9, 11 a.m.-noon, Mays Landing Campus, Walter Edge Theater, C Building
· Thursday, Nov. 10, 10:45-11:45 a.m., Worthington Atlantic City Campus, Room 204
· Thursday, Nov. 10, 2-3 p.m., Cape May County Campus, Room 212
Dr. Peter L. Mora announced he will retire in December, after 11 years as president and 41 years at Atlantic Cape. To learn more about the finalists and the presidential search, visit www.atlantic.edu/about/president/presidentialSearch.htm.