Nine Complete Noncredit Culinary Program at ACA
April 11, 2014
MAYS LANDING—The Academy of Culinary Arts at Atlantic Cape Community College awarded certificates to nine students who completed a five-month noncredit Culinary Training Program Thursday, April 10.
Students who completed the program include: Paola Alvear of Galloway, Jasmine Bonanno of Vineland, Steven J. Completo of Mays Landing, Kevin Houston of Atlantic City, Jennifer Karol of Somers Point, Taina Matos-Earp of Elwood, Matthew Nieves of Vineland, Samantha Speyerer of Newfield and Barbara Wallowitch (valedictorian) of Egg Harbor Township.
The students received their certificates during an awards ceremony in Careme’s, the student-run gourmet restaurant at the Academy. ACA Chef Educator Warren Wade taught the course.
The career preparation program offers participants hands-on courses to either learn new skills or enhance existing ones. During the program, students:
- Became ServSafe Certified
- Learned to master cooking techniques, short order and pantry skills
- Enhanced time management and organizational skills
- Acquired skills in bread baking, pie making, cake decorating and plated desserts
- Developed techniques for making stocks, soups and sauces
For more information about scholarships and training, contact Judy DeSalvo at 609-343-5624 or email@example.com.