ACCC Offers Enrichment Classes for Seniors
August 23, 2006Seniors can learn yoga, practice Bridge or explore the world of computers through continuing education enrichment workshops at Atlantic Cape Community College this fall. All workshops are designed specifically for seniors and take place at the Cape May County Campus, 341 Court House-South Dennis Road, Cape May Court House. Courses include:
• Beginners Bridge—Learn how to play America’s favorite card game in this step-by-step and hands-on workshop. 10:30 a.m.-noon, Wednesdays, Sept. 6-Oct. 25. Fee: $69.
• Cherished Heirlooms and Curious Finds—This fun and interactive class will cover the meaning and value of participants’ own collections. Class members will determine topics of greatest interest to cover. 10 a.m.-noon, Mondays, Sept. 11-Oct. 30. Fee: $79.
• Introduction to the Personal Computer for Senior Citizens—This workshop guides participants through computer basics and allows them to build confidence using the computer. 10 a.m.-noon, Mondays, Sept. 18-Oct. 16. Fee: $99.
• Wake up Wild!—This intergenerational course is designed for children ages 5-8 and a grandparent or a parent to explore the animal kingdom while making crafts and touring the Cape May County Park and Zoo. 10-11:30 a.m., Saturdays, Sept. 23-Oct. 21. Fee: $49 per pair.
• An Introduction to Digital Photography—Bring your digital camera and learn how to take and edit the best photos. 9-11 a.m., Tuesdays, Oct. 3-Nov. 7. Fee: $99.
• Exploring the World via the Internet for Senior Citizens—Learn about the huge collection of computer networks and its many tools including using e-mail, sending digital picture, and researching information. 10 a.m.-noon, Mondays, Oct. 23-Nov. 6. Fee: $59.
For more information or to register, call (609) 463-4774, ext. 4829, or visit http://www.atlantic.edu/web4students.