NJ-Governorís Industry Vocations Scholarship Available for Atlantic Cape Construction Programs
September 9, 2013
The NJ-Governor’s Industry Vocations Scholarship offers female or minority group members up to $2,000 per year to enroll in non-degree construction-related certificate programs at Atlantic Cape Community College. The application deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 1.
The following Atlantic Cape programs qualify for NJ-GIVS: Residential Building Energy Analyst, Envelope Specialist, Residential Whole House Air Leakage & Insulation, Building Operator, Home Energy Professional, Principles of Building Science, ASHRAW 62.2 Mechanical Ventilation and Indoor Air Quality and Landscaping Industry.
NJ-GIVS recipients must meet the following requirements:
- Be female or a member of a pre-defined minority group.
- Male recipients must prove they have registered with the Selective Service System.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid according to state deadlines. FAFSA information will be used to calculate a New Jersey Eligibility Index, which determines financial eligibility for the scholarship. Students must have an NJEI below 10,500 to qualify.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen who has received approval from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to remain in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
- Be a New Jersey resident for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to receiving the award.
NJ-GIVS is a partnership between The State of New Jersey Schools Development Authority and the State of New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority.
All scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, and are renewable for one year, depending on availability of funds.
Visit http://www.hesaa.org/Documents/NJ-GIVS_app_fillable.pdf to apply. For additional information, contact Jean McAlister, associate dean of Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.