Free Workforce Training for Local Businesses at Atlantic Cape
November 18, 2011
Atlantic Cape Community College, a participating partner of the Basic-Skills Workforce Training Program, will offer free basic skills training to employees of Atlantic and Cape May County businesses this fall through a literacy grant from the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
The classes are free to all private sector and nonprofit employers in the state; however, employees taking the classes must be paid at their regular hourly rate while in training. Business owners are eligible only if they pay taxes into the Unemployment Insurance Fund.
Employees can receive basic skills training in English as a second language, written and verbal communications, computer applications (Windows, Microsoft Office 2007), and customer service. Customized classes for groups of 10 or more can be arranged.
Atlantic Cape will offer several basic skills training sessions at the Institute for Service Excellence at the Hamilton Mall, 4403 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, including:
· Introduction to Spreadsheets-Excel 2007-Level 1, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Dec. 9
· Introduction to Spreadsheets-Excel-2017-Level 2, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Jan. 13
· Introduction to Word 2007-Level 2, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Feb. 10
Sessions at Atlantic Cape’s Cape May County Campus, 341 Court House-South Dennis Road in Cape May Court House, include:
· Introduction to Spreadsheets-Excel 2010-Level 1, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Dec. 2
· Introduction to Spreadsheets-Excel-2010-Level 2, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Jan. 20
· Introduction to Word 2010-Level 2, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Feb. 24
A full schedule of classes is available at www.atlantic.edu/njbia
For more information, or to register employees for training, contact Trudy Mills at (609) 343-4814 or visit www.atlantic.edu/njbia.